Comprehensive Counsel From A Certified Specialist
The Hetherington Law Firm represents clients through a full range of Texas real estate transactions, development considerations, and estate litigation. Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, G. Riley Hetherington III possesses an exceptional knowledge of this area of law. Moreover, as a real estate law attorney who has served Houston for his entire professional career, he leverages five decades of practical experience in Texas property markets to resolve client concerns.
Clarity And Efficiency For Real Estate Transactions
The Hetherington Law Firm represents real estate developers, and investors in financing, buying, selling, leasing and developing real property, regardless of the nature of the project. G. Riley Hetherington III has assisted clients through real estate transactions concerning raw land, owner occupied commercial sites, strip malls, office buildings, and industrial properties, homes, condominiums and multi-family dwellings. The firm can provide counsel through a range of transactional matters, including:
- Financing and acquisition of raw land or buildings for development
- Creation and organizational implementation of entities to own and control real estate, including limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships
- Representation of landlords and tenants in commercial and residential lease negotiations and transactions, including lease preparation, enforcement, interpretation, options, extensions, occupancy and use restrictions, security deposits, common area maintenance, landlord and tenant rights and remedies
- Acquisitions and sales of income producing commercial properties, and residential properties
- Structuring and negotiating construction contracts
- Review of appraisals, surveys, environmental studies and real estate commitments on behalf of purchasers and sellers of real estate and for title defects, easements, encroachments, and environmental issues
- Preparation and review of earnest money contracts, contract implementation from inception to closing and HUD statement from either buyer or seller side.
Assertive Representation Through Real Estate Litigation
The Hetherington Law Firm provides thorough, forceful representation for claimants and respondents in Texas real estate disputes. G. Riley Hetherington III handles complex commercial and residential real estate law cases, including, but not limited to: Contract disputes, title issues, possession, trespass, defective construction issues, mechanic’s lien matters, lease enforcement and interpretation, security deposit, eviction, forcible detainer, ad valorem tax issues, condominium regime, insurance coverage and payment, valuation, environmental regulations and compliance, probate and heir determination, adverse possession, zoning, deed restrictions and covenants, boundary, foreclosure, lending, earnest money, fraudulent conveyance, fraud in the inducement, negligence, misrepresentation, Texas Property Code provisions, Texas Residential Construction Act compliance, principal agent, broker, and fiduciary duties.
The Hetherington Law Firm works closely with clients throughout the entire litigation process. Goal oriented, aggressive representation in appropriate state and federal courts is pursued to protect the interest of the client. Careful consideration is given to every commercially reasonable option to amicably settle disputes, if possible, including mediation and arbitration, which can save time and expense while preserving the relationship between parties. Mr. Hetherington recognizes that clients have never been involved in litigation, and therefore carefully guides clients through the litigation process. Mr. Hetherington’s services include:
- Fact gathering, budgeting and assessment of available courses of action
- Assessment of available forums, both judicial and non-judicial, including mediation and arbitration
- Review and research of applicable claims and defenses, and legal theories to support actions to be taken
- Participation in mediation and, arbitration proceedings
- Implementation of litigation strategies through the discovery process and ultimate trial of the matter
- Successful defense, and assertion of claims in engineering and construction cases
- Adverse possession defense and assertion of legal title in boundary dispute issues
- Commercial and residential Landlord/Tenant disputes involving claims concerning eviction, holdover rent, and lease termination.
- Enforcement of mechanic’s liens in commercial construction contracts and projects.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for cover up of defective construction of under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act and Residential Construction Liability Act against former owner, broker, builder and surety
Mr. Hetherington also represents clients seeking to resolve their disputes through alternative dispute resolution or mediation, which can result in mutually-satisfactory compromises while preserving business relationships.
Put Superior Knowledge On Your Side
To arrange a consultation with a certified specialist in commercial real estate law, contact The Hetherington Law Firm today. You can call Mr. Hetherington’s Houston office at 832-626-1243, or contact him online.